Recruiting all majors! Want to build and race an off-road vehicle and
recieve up to 3 credits per semester?
Apply below by 9/13/2018 at 11:59 PM for NON-Freshman. Interviews will be held 9/15 - 9/16.
Freshman applications will be due on 10/1 and interviews will be held 10/13 - 10/14 (Tentative).
Check us out at Project Team Fest Saturday Sept. 8th at 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Info Session in Upson 222:
Thursday, Sept 27th at 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
I’m a senior majoring in mechanical engineering and I joined Baja as a freshman, after being amazed at how students built a car themselves that could drive off jumps, through ditches, and race head-to-head with other teams’ cars. I wanted to build something that I could sit in and say, “I was a part of creating this.” Since then, I have learned numerous skills that I bring into my experiences in industry, and have gained countless friends and memories that continue to be the highlight of my Cornell experience. My favorite part of our team is the dedication to learning while maintaining a positive attitude – with every failure, there is a group of dedicated students eager to learn from mistakes, supported by a whole team of members ready to help and ready to enjoy creating an awesome car. We head into the 2018-19 season excited to design and build the best car we can!
• All-aluminum heat-treated suspension links
• Front: A-Arm double wishbone SLA
• Rear: H-Arm
• Fox Float progressive long travel air shocks
• Completely custom uprights, spindles, brakes, wheel hubs, and steering rack
• Briggs and Stratton 305cc Vanguard 10 HP Engine
• Fully custom CVT for wider range of ratios without sacrificing weight
• Custom lightweight single speed gearbox with CNC machined hugging casing
• All custom welded halfshafts with custom heat-treated CV joints
• 4130 chromoly steel space frame
• Tig welded
• Handlaid custom carbon-kevlar body panels
• Lightweight carbon fiber fixed seat with driver fitted lumbar support
• Composite flooring, skidplates, and guarding